About Let's Encrypt Kenya
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
We give people the digital certificates they need in order to enable HTTPS (SSL/TLS) for websites, for free, in the most user-friendly way we can. We do this because we want to create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web.
The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
Was this answer helpful?
Sometimes you find the website hosted with us inaccessible. More than that, you are not able to...
If you want to enable HTTPS everywhere, then there are simple steps that can make your multisite...
This tutorial is to explain CAPTCHA, an acronym which stands for "Completely Automated Public...
Over the past few weeks, some people have received emails from themselves claiming that a hacker...
How to enable Free SSL for Windows Hosting Step 1: Login to the Plesk Panel Step 2: Enable the...