How to create and import a database
How to create a database
Congratulations, you have just successfully created a database!
- Log into your cPanel
- Click the MySQL Database Wizard under the Databases heading
- Next to New Database enter a name for your database and click Next Step
- Next to Username enter a username.
- Enter a password next to Password, enter it again for Password (Again) and then click Create User
- On the next page, you'll assign privileges for the user to the database. Check the box next to All Privileges and then click Next Step.
How to Import a databse
- Log into cPanel
- Open phpMyAdmin by clicking the phpMyAdmin icon
- Select the database in the left menu that you will be working with
- Click Import in the top menu
- Under File to Import, click Browse and select the backup file you previously created (it will be either a .sql .zip or .tar.gz file).
- Click Go at the bottom right
When the database has been imported successfully, you should see a message at the top of the page similar to: Import has been successfully finished, ## queries executed.
Congratulations, you have just imported a database!
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial is about searching through a database using phpMyAdmin. We will assume that you...
The purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to modify fields in database tables with...
Let's learn how to create a MySQL Database. MySQL Databases allow you to store lots of...
This tutorial is going to teach about the program phpMyAdmin, and how to Insert fields into...
Create or Delete a Database User After creating the database, you will need to create a user and...