Which factors affect the ranking of my website
Which factors affect the ranking of my website?
There are many factors which are used to determine the relevancy of your website. We don’t know all of them, but research has identified several important elements:
- Domain age: as a rule of thumb; older is better.
- Keyword competition: is the measure of how difficult it will be to rank for a particular keyword. The competition for a keyword can vary depending on how popular the keyword is and competition in other websites using the same keyword.
- Backlinks: a link to a site is seen as a vote for that site. The more links a page gets, the better. Links from domains with a high authority are more valuable.
- On-page factors: such as the title of the page, formatting, content, images and so on.
- Update frequency: frequently posting new articles or updating pages generally has a positive effect.
When should I begin seeing improvements in my rankings?
This is a rather tough question to answer. Improvements can be seen after a few days, weeks, months or even years. There are several factors to consider, such as the domain age, website, the amount and type of changes, crawl rate, keyword competitiveness and so on. Search Engine Optimization is usually a long term strategy that can takes time.
Was this answer helpful?
Shared packages (including Cloud hosting and Resellers) are hosted on carefully managed...
A socket is defined as one endpoint of a two-way communication link between two programs running...
5th November, 2015 transportnlogisticsdirectory.co.ke rayopere.co.ke...
To enable a log program in cPanel, follow these steps: In the Logs section of the cPanel home...
How can I back up my web site? It’s important that you know what you’re backing up first. If...