Which factors affect the ranking of my website
Which factors affect the ranking of my website?
There are many factors which are used to determine the relevancy of your website. We don’t know all of them, but research has identified several important elements:
- Domain age: as a rule of thumb; older is better.
- Keyword competition: is the measure of how difficult it will be to rank for a particular keyword. The competition for a keyword can vary depending on how popular the keyword is and competition in other websites using the same keyword.
- Backlinks: a link to a site is seen as a vote for that site. The more links a page gets, the better. Links from domains with a high authority are more valuable.
- On-page factors: such as the title of the page, formatting, content, images and so on.
- Update frequency: frequently posting new articles or updating pages generally has a positive effect.
When should I begin seeing improvements in my rankings?
This is a rather tough question to answer. Improvements can be seen after a few days, weeks, months or even years. There are several factors to consider, such as the domain age, website, the amount and type of changes, crawl rate, keyword competitiveness and so on. Search Engine Optimization is usually a long term strategy that can takes time.
Was this answer helpful?
Your SSH session can be authenticated either with the username and password or with a pair of...
This tutorial will teach how to create custom Error Pages. Create error pages for 404 Not Found...
If you wish to run Python scripts in your hosting account, you can create and edit them in two...
When you update the DNS (Domain Name System) records in your domain name's zone file, it can take...