How to install WordPress using Softaculous
You can easily install WordPress on your web-site using Softaculous script installer the following way:
- Login to your cPanel
- Scroll down to the Software/Services section, and click the Softaculous icon:
- Click the WordPress link on the left-hand sidebar in Softaculous:
- This page will give you some information about WordPress, including ratings and reviews from other users. Click the Install link above the header to start the installation:
- Choose the domain you wish to use for WordPress in Choose domain field. Then select what directory to install WordPress on using In Directory field.
Note: By default, In Directory field, will install to yourdomain.com/wp , but if you wish yourdomain.com to go directly to WordPress, then leave this field blank .
Click the Install link above the header to start the installation:
- Now enter a name and description for your site, as well as an administrative username, password, and email. If you would like a more secure password, click the key logo and a random generated password will be entered in the field. If you would like a record of your site’s settings, enter your email in the bottom field under the Install button. Click Install:
- After a few moments, you will see a page announcing that WordPress is now installed on your site:
- Click the link to go to the WordPress admin page, or simply browse to yourdomain.com/wp-login.php or yourdomain.com/wp-admin . Login with the username and password you chose before:
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial will show you how to install WordPress from directly from Fantastico, which is...
This tutorial will teach you how to install WordPress, directly from WordPress.org. First, you...