Expert Tips On Creating Your Domain Name Kenya
The name of your website is imperative to the success of your online business. Here is a list of 5 top tips to help you choose the right domain name.
1. Identify your niche - using Google's keyword tool or a similar method, research the top keywords used within your niche or market and look to incorporate some of these into your domain name. If you are creating a cookery product, look at words like cooking, kitchen, recipe, cookery.
2. Make it easy to read and type - having a name which is easy to type with no numbers and letters replacing words is easier to remember by your visitors than something which takes time to insert one letter at a time as it doesn't make sense. Look at common words and popular issues, products. Don't make your site name so long it takes a visitor several times to look at it written down to get it right. The shorter, the better.
3. Select a name - using a.co.ke or.com or any other tld ending which is recognised and related to worldwide and can help in promoting your product and site as it is easier to remember.
4. Do what you say you do - if you have a website named "Perfect Presents For Dogs", make sure you do what it says on the tin. Exceed your customers' expectations and you will receive repeat income, gain an excellent reputation and obtain a trust relationship with you website visitors. If you don't deliver what you offer and lull your visitor into a false sense of expectation, you will lose out on future benefits and opportunities.
5. Use attractive but unique words - by identifying positive and compelling words you can attract visitors to your site. Make it obvious what your site is about and avoid any tricks or wordplay. Use words associated with your market and easy to relate to. Think about the alphabet and listings in advertisements. What can you remember from sites you have seen, commercials on TV, logos and branding or phrases linked to famous products, personalities and companies.
All of these aspects need to be taken into consideration when choosing your domain name as it could make or break your website.
Ensure your website address is added to all of your literature, social media links such as Facebook and Twitter. List it at the end of your emails when sending out advertising. Request comments and feedback from friends, family and business associates to get advice on the ease of remembering and typing into address bars.
Was this answer helpful?
Mistake #1. Copy / Paste the product descriptions. Are you tempted to do ctrl + c / ctrl + v from...
The rising use of smart phones and other smart devices has forced developers and designer...
The number one rule to get Internet traffic to your website is to add frequent content rich...
Do you want to earn additional income in the most convenient way? If so, affiliate marketing is...
The arrival of new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) has changed the game on the World Wide Web....